Design Infrastructure Alley, CELUG Conference at DAC 2019!
Sunday Workshop, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Cost: $300.00
Storage Profiling, Containerization and Cloud for EDA. Sign up as part of normal DAC registration.
This is very a very exciting addition to our events this year. The first-ever Workshop we’ve held at DAC and it is going to be very informative! Be sure you get to Vegas in time for this, as the workshop starts at 8:00 am!
New and exciting IT infrastructure technologies are widely gaining adoption outside of EDA. This workshop focuses on some core capabilities needed by EDA companies in order to begin to embrace these new technologies. In this day-long course, we will cover:
- Storage Profiling utilizing Ellexus (90 minutes)
- Tracing application dependencies in detail to provide a bill of materials showing all the locations a flow requires in order to run
- Collecting system-wide telemetry on storage performance of the above flow
- Finding applications that have I/O problems or what type of I/O patterns are likely to cause problems
- How to size storage for Cloud for huge cost savings using Singularity Containers (90 minutes)
- Introduction to containers and Singularity containers specifically
- Performance and security considerations when selecting a container technology
- How to containerize an application for portability using Singularity EDA on AWS (60 minutes)
- Running Scale-Out Engineering Workloads on the Cloud using Rescale (120 minutes)
- The attraction of running engineering workloads on the cloud is the promise of scale. However, running workloads at scale securely in the cloud often requires complicated set-up and development.
- This workshop will cover how to set-up and run a scale-out engineering workload on Rescale’s turnkey platform.
- We will review how to monitor the job progress, set limits and budgets, and review results.
Design Infrastructure Alley / Design On Cloud Pavilion, Monday through Wednesday, 10-5
Join us once again for wonderful exhibitors and relevant talks on how to best manage your Engineering IT Infrastructure.
Here is the schedule of speakers for the Design on Cloud Pavilion:
|Monday, June 3||Tuesday, June 4||Wednesday, June 5|
|10:00 - 10:45||HPC Pros: State of the Future||Invited Paper: Practical Advice From Those Who Have Already Adopted Cloud|
|11:00 - 11:45||Microsoft Azure||Univa: Taking EDA Clusters to the Extreme With HPC Cloud||Si2: OpenAccess Designs on the Cloud|
|12:00 - 12:45|
|1:00 - 1:45||Cadence||ClioSoft||Astera Labs|
|2:00 - 2:45||Methodics||IBM: Empowering the EDA Designer||Invited Paper: Doing EDA in the Cloud?|
|3:00 - 3:45||Rescale: Cloud, What’s Chip Design Got To Do With It? The Why, What, How, and What’s Next of EDA on the Cloud||AWS: Cloud Best-Practices for Semiconductor Design and Verification|
|4:00 - 4:45||Altair: Cloud for Cloud Pragmatists|
Monday Afternoon Reception at the Design On Cloud Pavilion, 5:00 PM
We’ll have a beer and wine reception by the Design on Cloud Pavilion starting at 5:00 PM to give you a chance to relax a little after a day of learning.
CELUG Meeting, Tuesday 8-5, Cost: $300
The CELUG meeting is a wonderful opportunity for you to collaborate with industry peers as well as suppliers to find out the latest in Enterprise Engineering Licensing. This full day session costs $300 and includes breakfast and lunch.
Due to some process changes, you will need to sign up for the CELUG meeting here:
There will be important presentations on roadmaps as well as member-driven presentations on how to optimize your licensing environment from key companies such as: Altair, Ansys, Cadence, Flexera, Intel, Mathworks, Mentor Graphics, Northrup Grumman, and Synopsys.
Tuesday Evening Networking Event, Gordon Biersch, Tuesday 7-10
Thanks to our generous sponsors Amazon Web Services and IBM, we will have heavy appetizers and tickets for beer and wine. This is a great opportunity to socialize with new connections you’ve made at the Conference or to deep dive on a topic which caught your interest during the day.